Sunday, November 1, 2009
My new book cover. I don't really like the background color, but I like the rest. Changing the background cover would have taken more time and I'm through waiting. I want this thing so I can sell it before Christmas.
I have a new webpage, too. I'm not done with it yet, and I can't get some of it to work, but if you would like to see it as it is, go to www.familyrecordkeeper.com
I'm so excited. I got the proofs for my new book on Thursday. The company sent them second-day mail on Monday. Obviously that would mean Tuesday. Or Wednesday, but the Fed Ex guy couldn't find the house. So it was actually at 4:30 p.m on Thursday, during piano lessons. The regular driver apologized a lot for not getting the package delivered.
Proofs is what you get to find your mistakes before the whole world (or who ever sees my book) gets to find them. The idea is to fix them before they get in print.
I did find a few mistakes but at $1 per page with a limit of 20 pages I can fix without major work, I was pretty forgiving about my own mistakes. In the end, I deemed 9 pages worth messing with, including the Table of Contents which had a lot of mistakes, I mean changes.
I rushed and got my corrected proofs, along with the second large payment, my signatures, etc. to USP the very next day in time to send it back second-day delivery. Once the publishing company gets the proofs it is supposed to be 20 business days before they send it back to me.
Now I am waiting and waiting and waiting.......very patiently.....kind of.....not.